Take Steps Toward Making Your Film!
CinemaWays, LLC is now offering a one-on-one virtual survey course on filmmaking taught by a working industry professional.
We will pair you with an instructor who meets one or both of the following qualifications:
- has made at least one (1) feature film that was released theatrically by a major motion picture studio
- has worked or still works at a major television, new media or motion picture studio as a producer or at the executive level
“Script-to-Screen” is designed to help new or first time filmmakers bolster their understanding of each critical stage of a film’s life cycle prior to distribution, and to create an opportunity for people interested in making films to consult with someone in the business.
The course is a total of six (6) hours and is broken up into sections taught over four (4) weeks via Skype. Each section is taught with a strong emphasis on business strategy and producing.
SECTION 1: DEVELOPMENT – 1.5hr
- Scripting & previsualization methods
- Building a solid production plan
- Creating & maintaining a chain of title / development deal basics
- Financing strategies
- Improving your pitch
SECTION 2: PRE-PRODUCTION & PRODUCTION – 3hr
- Building a production schedule
- Building a production budget
- Hiring & employing crew
- Tools for effectively capturing your vision / tech overview
- Common mistakes new filmmakers make & how to avoid them
SECTION 3: POST-PRODUCTION – 1.5hr
- Setting up an organized, secure pipeline for post-production
- Editing & finishing basics
- Overview of industry standard deliverables
- Distribution basics
Course Availability & Scheduling
Each application is reviewed by CinemaWays and vetted by the instructor(s) on a case-by-case basis, and there is no guarantee of acceptance into the course.
Since the instructors are all working professionals with busy schedules during the weekdays, sections are taught on Saturdays only.
FULL COURSE: $299 (Best Value)
SECTION 1 – DEVELOPMENT SURVEY: $89
SECTION 2 – PRE-PRODUCTION & PRODUCTION SURVEY: $178
SECTION 3 – POST-PRODUCTION SURVEY: $89